Complete Git and GitHub guide. Master basic and advanced Git features: commits, branches, merging, rebasing, squashing.
What you’ll learn
- Deeply understand how Git works under the hood
- Use Git not just in the terminal but also in graphical user interfaces like GitHub Desktop, SourceTree, Visual Studio Code
- Learn different GIt objects – blobs, trees, commits, and annotated tags
- Create local and remote Git repositories
- Perform basic and advanced Git operations
- Learn how to perform rebasing and merging of the branches
- Learn what is pull request and how to create a pull request at GitHub
- Contribute to public repositories using the technique of forks and pull requests from the forked repository
- Understand what is semantic versioning and how to use Git Tags in order to create software release versions
- Learn advanced Git operations – squashing, cherry-picking, amending, reverting commits.
- We will start from the very beginning, from basic Git features and move on to advanced techniques and operations
- Prepare only your Mac, Windows, or Linux/Unix computer. Anything will work.
- If you are new to Git, please start from the very beginning: learn how Git works and how to perform basic operations (git add, git commit, git branch)
- If you are an advanced Git user I highly recommend you to watch “How Git works under the hood” section and then jump to advanced Git features like squashing, cherry-picking, etc.
This Complete Git Guide: Understand and master Git and GitHub course is everything about Git and GitHub.
Understand HOW Git works and find out all Git includes from fundamental commits to squashing and rebasing.
- Blobs, Trees, Annotated tags, SHA1 hashes
If those terms are brand-new to you – jump in and you will find out everything about Git internals and later on practice standard and advanced Git features utilizing numerous practice activities.
End up being a master of Git, GitHub, GitHub Desktop, SourceTree and Visual Studio Code.
Most crucial is that you will discover how Git works and understanding it you will be able much more simpler usage Git features and repair errors in your development workflow. If you desire to get deep understanding of Git and GitHub this Complete Git Guide: Understand and master Git and GitHub course is for you!
We will begin by checking out internal structure of the Git repository. You will find out that Git has 4 types of objects: blobs, trees, commits and annotated tags. Filenames are stored in other Git objects called trees.
I will describe you how to create brand-new Git objects without utilizing git commit and git add. After creating Git object in the Git repository you will checkout it to staging location and working directory site (opposite direction to traditional Git flow).
Later on we will delve into lots of practice activities and utilize various Git and GitHub features.
In practice areas you will carry out several practice Git activities:.
- Initialize brand-new Git repository.
- Make changes, add them to a staging location, and commit.
- Create branches, checkout branches, and merge branches.
- Carry out fast-forward and 3-way merges of the branches.
- Solve merge conflicts.
- Move into detached HEAD state and make speculative commits there.
- Carry out rebasing of the branches.
You will likewise find out and practice various GitHub features.
- Link regional and remote repositories.
- Pressing, bring and pulling operations.
- Open Pull Request.
- Merge Pull Request.
- Add software versions utilizing Git Tags.
- Create forks from other repositories.
- Add to public repositories utilizing method of forks and pull demands.
- Carry out rebasing with squashing.
You will utilize not simply terminal and shell commands for carrying out Git operations. In parallel you will likewise utilize GUI applications that streamline regular day-by-day Git operations:.
- GitHub Desktop.
- VisualStudio Code.
With this Complete Git Guide: Understand and master Git and GitHub course, you will get lifetime-long access to nearly 200 lectures and 10s of useful workouts. After the Complete Git Guide: Understand and master Git and GitHub course, you will end up being a master of Git and GitHub and will be able to quickly carry out fundamental and advanced Git tasks.
Most crucial is that you will UNDERSTAND Git.
You will likewise get 30-days money-back warranty. No questions asked!
Do not wait and sign up with the course now!
Who this course is for:
- You could be either a total newbie or a knowledgeable developer with years of use of Git.
- You might understand how to USE Git however you might not know HOW Git works.
- If you wish to discover HOW and WHY Git and GitHub work – this course is for you!
Created by Bogdan Stashchuk
Last updated 9/2020
Size: 7.61 GB